DCWW – Pressurised Pipeline Systems
OCU is currently a Dwr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) framework contractor on the Pressurised Pipeline Systems and Emergency Response Works contract; a design and build framework.
All works are completed with full compliance in accordance with the duties of Principal Contractor as defined by CDM Regulations 2015. This current arrangement is a follow-on from our initial Framework contract which was in place for 8 years and one that originally commenced in 2011.
Scope of Works
- Design and construction for new water mains (including services), new rising sewer mains, new sewers and outlets
- Alterations of existing water mains, rising mains and sewers
- Repair and replacement of small diameter sewer pipework
- Trunk main and mains rehabilitation
- Cleaning of mains and pipelining
- Pressure testing and chlorination
- Mains diversions
- Bulk meters
- Consequential damage repair works
- Sewerage investigation procedures
- Domestic works and customer-facing activity
- Compliance with Streetworks regulations
- Dealings with landowners, agents and developers
- Temporary works design
Construction techniques utilised include:
- Open-cut mains installations
- Slip lining
- In-situ lining
- Pipe splitting and pipe bursting
- Directional drilling
- Segmental shafts
- Mini tunnelling
- Reinforced concrete structures
We have proven ourselves to be flexible and dynamic and our scope of works has grown to include civil engineering works and large diameter pipework on water and wastewater treatment sites and reservoirs.
DCWW have appointed OCU as Principal Contractor on all projects that we undertake within this Framework. We operate on the Framework Contract in all of DCWW’s operational zones with full depots in Deeside (North Wales), Bridgend (South Wales) and Chepstow, with additional satellite facilities where required. Over the course of the contract, we have completed over 360 individual projects and extensive High Risk Emergency Reactive works and multiple Developer Service schemes, ranging in value from £20k to £5m.