Pacific Green – Richborough BESS
OCU Services was awarded the Balance of Plant (BoP) contract by PacificGreen Energy (UK) Ltd for the design, construction and commissioning of the 33kV/13kV electrical infrastructure and substation plant control systems to include all civil engineering works and installation of the battery containers, located at the Richborough Energy Park (REP).
OCU are the appointed Principal Contractor responsible for the co-ordination of the works with the client and their nominated Battery supplier.
Scope of Works
- Appointed Principal Contractor
- Power Engineering & Design
- Civils Design and Temporary Works
- Balance of Plant infrastructure installation
- Battery Container Installation
- Commissioning & Handover
- 2 x 50MW facilities
- 1 x 60MVar 33/13kV transformer for each site (2 total)
- 1 x 33kV switchboard for each site (2 total)
- 1 x Auxiliary transformer for each site
- Associated disconnectors, switchgear etc
- Spares building
- Welfare building
- AC cabling
The Project Delivery Team made significant achievements with the civil engineering works for the construction of the Battery Energy Storage Solution (BESS) scheme.