Farnborough Rail Works
In order to support various Network Rail Telecommunication projects (Trans-Pennine Initiative; CP6 Transition Programme; Project Swift 2) connections to Data Centres outside of the railway boundary were required in order to provide interfaces and connectivity. OCU were engaged as Principal Contractor to undertake the survey, design and installation of a telecom fibre network at locations in Leeds, Manchester, Farnborough, Corsham, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Milton Keynes. Due to client telecoms diversity requirements a total of 14 x routes were designed.
We are fully conversant with all relevant Network Rail Standards, and our planning and construction assurance process and controls assured the highest quality of safety management. We delivered the highest quality project, right fist time and with zero safety incidents or accidents.
Delivery and Innovation
- Works were delivered using our first class in-house teams and resources. OCU has access to 11 established yards/offices across the UK and this ensured geographically local teams could be deployed in an effective and efficient manner whilst minimising our carbon footprint
- Our direct delivery model provides assurance that all operatives employed have the competencies required, have been trained to the highest standards and share our safety culture and values.
- Undertrack Crossings (UTX’s) were successfully completed using Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) techniques to value engineer a portion to the route resulting in 35% cost savings to the Client and minimal disruption to road users
- OCU was appointed Principal Contractor
- Works delivered with no accidents or incidents
- Works delivered ahead of programme
- Health and Safety files approved by Client
- Successful brand promotion of Network Rail
- Positive management and communications strategy with both internal and external stakeholders